In an age of rapidly advancing technology, the fields of electrical and computer engineering are undoubtedly pushing the frontiers of what scientists and researchers ever thought was possible.
With practical and consequential applications to our society and everyday life, advancements in the electrical and computer engineering disciplines promise to improve our quality of life and more sustainably manage our planets resources — to name just a few implementations. Practically speaking, this is happening through the research and development of biomedical technologies and instrumentations and smart grids and power systems.
The scope of the fields of electrical and computer engineering go far beyond these, which is why we have developed this guide. We want to provide you with all the information you need to consider a Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, explore the current research in the field, and understand the career opportunities available to those with this prestigious degree.
- Explore the fields of electrical and computer engineering.
- Understand how these degrees are modernizing the world.
- Discover notable doctoral research happening at SMU in electrical and computer engineering.
- Explore the career options and outlook available with your Ph.D.
- Receive advice from electrical and computer engineering professors, as well as past and current students.
We hope this guide will answer all of your questions about applying for and earning a Ph.D. in Engineering, as well as the opportunities available in these fields. If you would like more information, we invite you to subscribe to our graduate blog, Advancing the Field, for articles and resources specifically for Ph.D. students. You can also request more information or email us with your questions. We hope this resource helps you along your graduate school journey!